Easy Keto Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice is all the flavors of spring. Lemon, asparagus, spinach and Parmesan cheese come together to celebrate the flavors of the season. It’s light and refreshing and cooks in just 35 minutes and in one pot!
With Spring right around the corner, I am ready for fresh and bright flavors, and this dish is perfect. While I know it just turning the corner to February, I have started purchasing seeds for my garden and Hello, Ground Hog Day is coming! Punxsutawney Phil will be making his wacky predictions in just a few days! It’s said that if Phil encounters his shadow, we’ll be in for six more weeks of winter weather, but if he doesn’t, then spring is just around the corner. Come on Phil give us good news!
How to make Easy Keto Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice…
Start off by cutting your chicken breast into bite sized pieces, then saute the chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet or pot. Once chicken is cooked through, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
Next saute onion in another Tbsp of olive oil for 1-2 minutes or until it starts to look transparent. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
Add your cauliflower rice to the pot with the onion and garlic. Season the cauliflower rice with salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Add your chicken broth and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Asparagus is the next ingredient to join the pot. Cook asparagus for 5 minutes.
Stir in the spinach or greens, cook for one minute or until the spinach is wilted. At this point most of the excess liquid should be gone, if not cook for an additional minute or two.
Finally Stir everything together. Add the cooked chicken back to the pan with the lemon juice, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Its ready to serve. Top of with some additional Parmesan cheese (Optional).
Tips and Tricks…
This is a great prep ahead dish and save yourself even more time you cook this meal. Just Pre cut your chicken, asparagus, and onion. Use Pre-riced cauliflower frozen and the prep is done! Perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Easy Keto Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice reheats well for leftovers. Package up a few containers for lunches! Cook cauliflower lasts about 4-5 days in the fridge.
Pre riced frozen cauliflower is a great option and something I always have in my freezer. I use frozen pre-riced not only because it’s easy but you don’t have to worry about it going bad in the fridge before you get a chance to use it
This makes quick work of the lemons! Seriously I love mine!
I use cauliflower rice in so many recipes. Cauliflower is one of the healthiest vegetables around and is rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals. Cauliflower is high in fiber and can promote weight loss, its a great replacement for high carbohydrate foods such as rice. Check out some of my other cauliflower rice recipes below.
Enjoy, The Scrambled Eggs
Easy Keto Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice
- Large Skillet or Pot
- 1.5 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 Chopped onion
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves – minced
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Fresh Asparagus
- 3-5 oz Fresh Spinach Can use Kale or Chard as well
- 1 Lemon – Zest and Juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Cut your chicken breast in bite sized pieces, then saute the chicken with a tablespoon of Olive Oil in a large skillet or pot. Once chicken is cooked through, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
- Saute onion in another tbsp of olive oil for 1-2 minutes or until it starts to look transparent.
- Add Garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add your cauliflower rice to the pot with the onion and garlic. Season with Salt and Pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add Chicken Broth and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add Asparagus to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Spinach or Greens, cook for one minute or until the spinach is wilted. At this point most of the excess liquid should be gone, if not cook for an additional minute or two.
- Stir everything together – Add the cooked chicken back to the pan with the lemon juice, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
- Dish up and top with additional Parmesan cheese (optional) – Enjoy!