Keto Focaccia bread is our favorite Keto bread. Golden crusty exterior and soft interior. This recipe is easily adaptable to make it your own. Keto Focaccia bread is the perfect accompaniment to just about any meal!
Keto Focaccia Bread works great as a dipping bread. One of my favorite things is to dip crusty bread into olive oil and vinegar. Heating some olive oil with garlic and herbs to infuse flavor then adding a splash of Balsamic vinegar – and Keto Focaccia bread makes this a keto reality!
This bread is simple to make, it’s a variation of fat head dough. Cheese is a base to this bread but once it is baked up you would never know it. It comes together quickly and is you can’t get easier than a rustic style bread….press it out slightly on parchment paper for a beautiful Focaccia every time.
How to make Keto Focaccia Bread…
Start by shredding your mozzarella cheese, pre-shredded works fine but I prefer to shred my own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese includes ingredients like Potato Starch and/or Cellulose to keep it from clumping. It also does not melt as well. Add your mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl and set aside.
In another bowl add all of the dry ingredients, Almond flour (fine) salt, garlic powder and italian seasoning and baking powder (or Baking soda). Stir this together to combine.
Place your set aside cheeses in the microwave for 30 second intervals (usually 3 rounds does it for me) until it is melted together and smooth stirring between intervals. Once melted and smooth, add your dry ingredients, egg and red wine vinegar and stir well to combine.
Once it is cool enough to handle use to your hands to place it on a parchment lined pan and press out to form your bread. I like to poke mine with my finger to help give it air holes. Bake approx 5-10 minutes at 350° or until it starts to turn golden brown. Pull your keto focaccia bread from the oven and drizzle with some olive oil. I use a silicone brush to brush it around. Add an additional ½-1 tsp of Italian seasoning and a sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese (optional). Return to the oven at 350 until golden about another 2-3 minutes or until done.
Tips and Tricks…
Shred your own cheese, its less expensive and melts together better as pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese includes ingredients like potato starch and/or Cellulose to keep it from clumping. This recipe can be made with pre-shredded but I highly recommend shredding your own. I use this to make quick work of it!
Make your own version of Keto Focaccia bread. I use Italian seasoning when serving it along an antipasti salad or other italian dishes but you can absolutely substitute out the italian seasoning for another herb such as rosemary. I like to top mine with some parmesan cheese however you could top it off with fresh or roasted garlic, olive slices or even sun dried tomatoes. This basic recipe can be made any way you like it.
Serve this as a side with soups, salads or dinner! You could also use this as a base for pizza, just add your toppings before baking.
Looking for other great Keto Bread Recipes check out my recipe for Keto Dinner Rolls or Low Carb/Keto Biscuits
Looking for a Sweeter Bread – Try out my Keto Blueberry Muffins!
Enjoy – The Scrambled Eggs
Keto Focaccia Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour (fine)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Baking Powder or 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Olive Oil For Brushing
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning For topping
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese optional
- Shred and place Mozzarella Cheese and cream cheese into a large microwave safe bowl – set aside
- In another bowl add all of the dry ingredients, Almond flour (fine) salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning and baking powder. Stir this together to combine.
- Place cheeses in the microwave for 30 second intervals until it is melted together and smooth stirring between intervals.
- Once melty and smooth, add your dry ingredients, egg and red wine vinegar and stir well to combine.
- Ensure the dough is cool enough to handle and use to your hands to place it on a parchment lined pan and press out to form your bread. – I usually go for a rectangle.
- Using your fingers or a chopstick poke holes into the dough.
- Bake approx 5-10 minutes at 350° or until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush to bread with olive oil and top with parmesan cheese (optional) and some additional Italian seasoning. (or toppings of your choice)
- Return to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes or until done.