I have been making this Recipe for Low Carb Keto Granola for years, even prior to my Keto and Low Carb days this was a staple in our house. It works great on yogurts. I even use it as a topping for my Chicken and Strawberry spinach salad with Feta Cheese, for a slightly sweet crunch to offset my Lemony-Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Why this Recipe for Low Carb Keto Granola is Good for you!
This Low Carb and Keto Granola Recipes includes both nuts and seeds which are excellent sources of healthy fats, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Additionally this Granola recipe calls for Hemp Hearts (you can purchase here). Hemp hearts are optimally balanced for a keto diet, contain zero net carbs, and have the perfect ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids — 3:1
It’s many Uses!
Regardless if you are using this Low Carb and Keto Granola recipe as a topping or eating it like cereal (seriously try it). You are going to love this Granola. I like to keep mine in Mason Jars lidded and in the fridge for optimal freshness!
A Few Tips to follow….
Remember to stir every 5 minutes, if you don’t do this, it might burn. I like to use raw nuts and seeds if they are available, allowing you more flexibility.
If you notice them getting too dark, turn you heat back by 5- 10 degrees.
My favorite place to buy ingredients for this is in the bulk foods section (in the perfect amount needed). You can generally purchase in bulk at your local grocery store. (already chopped) If you don’t have a bulk food section near you, you can purchase them chopped online.
Low Carb Keto Nutty Granola
- Cookie Sheet
- 1/2 Cup Flax Seed
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 Cup Chopped Cashews
- 6 TBSP Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Confectioners Swerve Or any sweetener of your choice
- Preheat oven to 320-degrees
- Combine all of the Nuts, Seeds and Hemp Hearts into a bowl
- In a saucepan melt the butter, remove from the heat and add sweetener, cinnamon and swerve (or your choice of sweetener)
- Pour this mixture over the "granola" and stir until everything is covered
- Spread the granola out on the cookie sheet
- Place in your 320 degree pre-heated oven. IMPORTANT: Stir the mixture every 5 minutes to keep it from burning.
- Let it cool before you eat it, you will burn your tongue, I speak from experience 🙂