This Keto Korean Beef Bowl recipe is a play on the traditional Korean Bulgogi bowl however it uses ground beef instead of the traditional thinly sliced marinated steak. It also comes together much quicker with ingredients you likely already have on hand and under budget! You don’t have to spend time marinating or slicing, you can seriously have this on the table in 20 minutes or less.
Generally the Korean Beef Bowl “Bulgogi” includes rice, and sugar in the sauce, but I have transformed this recipe into a Keto/Low-Carb recipe that will have everyone coming back for seconds. * If you don’t care about the carbs or sugar you can replace the Cauliflower rice for traditional steamed rice and the Swerve Brown Sugar for honey.
Another accompanying side to the Keto Korean Beef Bowl is a quick pickle on some cucumbers and/or shredded carrots. Cucumbers are my favorite and getting a quick pickle on just about any vegetable is an easy process.
Quick Pickle Brine
To make a quick pickle brine whisk together; 1 Cup of water, ⅓ cup of apple cider vinegar, 1-2 tablespoons of erythritol or your favorite sugar substitute, and 1 tsp of salt. Cover your vegetables in the brine and let the mixture rest in the fridge until your are ready to eat, give it at least an hour, but overnight is best!
Tricks and Tips:
Stir Frying your Cauliflower Rice on Medium-High Heat with Olive oil removes the cauliflower taste and adds a great nutty flavor and color. I like to use a cast iron skillet to hold an even heat.
I Love, love, love Sambal Oelek Huy Ground Chili Paste, however you can substitute this ingredient for Red Chili Flakes – I recommend 1/2 – 1 tsp depending on your taste. If you have never tried this chili paste I highly recommend it, you can buy it here.
When adding Garlic I like to make a well in the beef mixture and add the garlic to the center of the pan, I cook this about 1 minute moving it around and until it is fragrant. This ensures the garlic gets nice and toasty and you don’t have raw garlic in your dish – then just stir it into the beef mixture.
When something tastes good, my Mom always says it “tastes like more”. Believe me everyone will be coming back for “more” of this Keto Korean Beef Bowl!
Enjoy – The Scrambled Eggs.
Keto Korean Beef Bowl
- Wok or Large Skillet (I use Cast Iron Skillet)
- 20 OZ Cauliflower Rice I use two 10 OZ bags of Green Giant Riced Veggies Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 4 cloves Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1-2 tsp Fresh Ground Chili Paste 1 tsp for mild, 2 tsp for more heat -Also you can use red pepper flakes if you don't have Fresh Ground Chili Paste.
- 1 Tbsp Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Beef Broth
- Toasted Sesame Seeds For Garnish
- Diced Green Onions For Garnish
- Put Olive Oil in Skillet or Wok and allow to heat up.
- Add Riced Cauliflower, season with Salt and Pepper, Cook on Medium-High Heat until cooked about 4-6 minutes (This varies depending on if you are using Fresh or Frozen) .
- Remove the Cauliflower Rice from the pan and cover with foil or a lid to hold the heat.
- At this point go ahead and start browning your ground beef. (you could add Salt and Pepper to this if you like, however the sauce has enough flavor this is not necessary)
- While your ground beef is cooking up prepare your sauce…by mixing the Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, Ginger, Chili paste, Beef Broth and Brown Sugar Substitute.
- When the ground beef is cooked or almost fully cooked add your garlic, let this cook another minute.
- Finally add your sauce, and allow to cook for about 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Dish up in a bowl starting with the "Rice", then add your Beef mixture on top and garnish with Toasted Sesame Seeds and Green Onions.
Keto Korean Beef Bowl is just as great the next day, makes a great office lunch!