How many times have you found a recipe to make keto/low carb crackers and found yourself an hour or more later with a sink full of dishes? Let me guess, your crackers were either soft, tasteless or in the case you got a good crunch you had to make them so thin they could not hold up to toppings? This is my all-time FAVORITE Cracker recipe. I personally give this one “5 stars” for a few reasons. My Almond Sesame Crackers pack a good cracker crunch. They hold up to my favorite spreads/dips and they are EASY to make, let me repeat…EASY TO MAKE!!!!
If you have not tried my recipe for Jarlsberg Cheese Dip/Spread, it is so good with these crackers – Recipe is here.
The topping options are endless. Some of my personal favorites are cream cheese with pico de gallo, fresh mozzarella with tomato and basil, salami and cheese. Heck just spread some butter on these or use them to dip or crunch on top of your favorite soup.
If you try only one of my recipes, you have to try these crackers, but I warn you they will go fast! Thank goodness whipping up another batch is easy and only takes a few minutes to prep then bake time.
Tips and Tricks…
I find that Super Fine Almond flour works best for the texture of this cracker. (I use this)
Confectioners Sweetener works best, as it incorporates well in the dough. (I use this)
You will need a good Parchment Paper to line your baking sheet (DO NOT USE WAX PAPER) (I use this)
If you find that your crackers don’t pack a crunch, then you pulled them too early. To remedy this, you can put them back on a pan and place them in the hot over that you have turned off. Give them a few minutes and problem solved.
I challenge you to get creative, add some other spices and seasonings – let me know in the comments what you tried!
Happy Crunching – The Scrambled Eggs.
EASY Almond Sesame Crackers – Keto and Low Carb
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour Bob Red Mill Super Fine works best
- 1 1/2 tsp Powdered Erythritol confectioner/powdered incorporates best
- 1 Egg white
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds not toasted
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper – NOTE: do not use wax paper
- Place all ingredients (except the olive oil) into one bowl and mix until dough forms.
- Roll balls of dough in your hand about the size of a grape and place about an 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet.
- Using your index and middle fingers dip them in the olive oil and pat the dough balls into round crackers – this sounds hard, believe me its easy!
- Poke the crackers with a fork
- That's it, put them in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. You want them to be golden on the edges.
- Remove from oven and let them cool – Enjoy!