If you tired of Crumbly Peanut Butter Cookies that fall apart, then look no further this Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe is for you! There are thousands of grain free peanut butter cookie recipes out there with minimal ingredients and while I love a 3 ingredient recipe I don’t love a cookie that falls apart before it gets to my mouth!
While this recipe has more ingredients than the typical Keto,Grain Free, Gluten Free or Low Carb recipe they are still quick and easy! It took some trial and error to get these right, but it was totally worth it, and I’m excited to share Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies with you!
Making Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies…
Start by pre-heating your oven to 350°. With a hand or stand mixer combine soften butter, Swerve brown sugar and confectioners Swerve Powdered sweetener or sweeteners of your choice. Mix until creamed well.Swerve, Brown Sugar Alternative Swerve, Confectioners
Netrition – The Internet’s Premier Nutrition Superstore!
Next add your egg, vanilla and natural creamy peanut butter mixing again to combine. Finally add your Almond flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed mix until fully combined. That is it, they are ready for the oven!
Using a cookie scoop drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, use a fork to create the iconic criss-cross pattern and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let sit for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Tips and Tricks…
I use Adam’s creamy peanut butter but any natural peanut butter will do. Make sure to check your peanut butter ingredients if following a strict Keto, many peanut butters contain added sugar.
You can use sweeteners of your choice with these cookies, if you are not following a Keto or Low Carb way of eating regular sugar’s will work just fine.
When creating your criss-cross pattern with your fork, spray your fork with non-stick cooking spray or dip fork in a glass of ice water before pressing into the peanut butter cookies. It will help the fork from getting stuck in the dough.
The dough does not need to be chilled prior to cooking. I have tried it both ways, however the dough is sticky so if you don’t have a cookie scoop and plan to roll the dough with your hands I recommend chilling in the fridge to firm it up first.
Parchment Paper keeps the cookies from sticking, while you can use a non-stick cookie sheet or greased baking sheet, parchment paper makes for easy clean up, and that’s a win in my book!
Let the cookies cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet after pulling from the oven before removing to a cooling rack.
While these cookies hold together well and don’t crumble, you do need to let them cool a bit before enjoying. They set up best after they have cooled down.
Hope you enjoy! The Scrambled Eggs
Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies
- Baking Sheet, Hand or Stand Mixer, Parchment Paper
- 5 tbsp Softened Butter not melted
- 1/4 cup Confectioner Sugar Substitute I use Swerve
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Substitute I use Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1 lg Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter I use Creamy Adams
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour I prefer ultra fine (Kirkland brand is my favorite)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- With a hand or stand mixer on medium-high speed combine sugars and butter until creamed.
- Add your egg, vanilla and natural creamy peanut butter mixing again until smooth.
- Add your almond flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop drop cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, use a fork to create the iconic criss-cross pattern and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let sit for a few minutes to set up before moving them to a cooling rack.