Keto Nut Crunch Cereal is the perfect addition to your keto breakfast rotation. Noshing on a bowl of cereal is both comforting and nostalgic. Typical breakfast cereal is loaded with processed sugar and carbs, but Keto Nut Crunch Cereal uses simple ingredients and is quite versatile. Use this Cereal to make breakfast parfaits or even as a topping on your favorite low-carb ice cream or yogurt!
How to make Keto Nut Crunch Cereal
In a food processor, you are going to pulse your almonds, Hazelnuts, and Pecans. Creating the texture needed for Keto Nut Crunch Cereal you need to pulse in order. Blend almonds intermittently until they are large pieces. Next, add the hazelnuts, and finally the softest of the nuts we use in this recipe, pecans. I have included some pictures below as a guide for texture as you go!
Sunflower seeds, sweetener, and flaxseed meal are added to the nut mixture after the nuts are chopped. Give it a quick whirl to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs white and melted butter together and pour over the mixture stirring until fully combined. Pour the mixture out onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet and press to form a large rectangle.
Check out the Kiss My Keto Cookies by clicking the photo below – They are AMAZING!
Bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned being careful not to burn the edges. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. The cereal will be soft when it first comes out of the oven, but it crisps up as it cools. Finally, break apart into bite-sized pieces and store in a sealed container.
Tips and Tricks…
Freeze-dried berries are a great addition to Keto Nut Crunch Cereal. Add them right to the cereal after baking into the storage container. Fresh berries when in season are another great option!
Store in an airtight container, this will last for a week or more if kept in the refrigerator.
Make your pieces a large or as small as you want – you just break it apart with your hands once cooled.
Serve with your favorite low-carb “milk” I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
Hide it – (at least that is what I do in my house, or my family will gobble it all up) 😊
Hope you enjoy this Keto Nut Crunch Cereal as much as we do – Breakfast, Noon, or Night! It’s sure to make a great comforting and nostalgic treat!
Looking for Breakfast Recipes – Below are some of our Favorites!
Keto Nut Crunch Cereal
- Cookie Sheet
- Food Processor
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Hazelnuts
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Golden Flax Seed Meal (Ground Flax Seeds)
- 1 lg Egg White
- 4 tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6-8 tbsp Sweetener of Choice I used Monkfruit
- Cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Freeze Dried Strawberries (optional)
- In a food processor Pulse Almonds intermittently until they are chopped in large pieces.
- Add Hazelnuts into food processor along with the rough chopped Almonds and pulse until they are in large pieces
- Add Pecans into food processor along with the almond and hazelnuts (you add the pecans last as they are the softest nut) and pulse again until they are in large pieces.
- Add sunflower seeds, sweetener, and flaxseed meal to the nut mixture in food processor and pulse until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white and melted butter together and pour over the mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture out onto a large parchment-lined baking sheet and press to form a large triangle.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned, being careful not to burn the edges.
- Once removed from the oven let it cool completely. The cereal will be soft when removed from the oven but will crisp up as it cools.
- Break apart with your hands into bite-sized pieces. Store in a sealable container.
- Pour a serving in your favorite cereal bowl…pour over some ice-cold unsweetened almond milk and dig in!