Keto Asian Lettuce Wraps are made with ground chicken, crunchy jicama and a savory sesame ginger sauce that is out of this world delicious! Serve up in a fresh bibb lettuce wrapper for the perfect bite everyone will love! Flavorful, healthy and the perfect appetizer or light lunch/dinner dish.
This recipe is modified Keto with ingredients you can easily find at your local grocery store. The sauce for this recipe omits the use of high carb and sugar laden hoisin sauce often found in most Asian lettuce wrap recipes. Additionally a replacement for the water chestnuts that give the lettuce wraps that perfect crunch had to be modified. Water Chestnuts while low in calories and nutrient dense are also high in carbs. Nearly all of the calories in water chestnuts are starchy carbohydrates and will very likely impact blood sugar levels. The perfect substitution for water chestnuts is Jicama.
How to make Keto Asian Lettuce Wraps…
These Asian Lettuce Wraps are both fancy without the fuss and flavorful yet quickly come together. You are sure to impress anyone you serve these up to!
Start off by creating your sauce. In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Over Medium-high heat brown your ground chicken in a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. Once browned drain off any excess liquid. Add minced garlic, green onion and diced jicama and cook on medium high heat for an additional 5 minutes.
Finally pour the sauce over the mixture and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Its ready to serve, wrapped up in fresh butter lettuce for the perfect bite!
Tips and Tricks…
You can use just about any type of lettuce leaves for this recipe. I find that butter lettuce works amazing for wraps thanks to their perfectly shaped cup leaves. I buy living butter lettuce. All you have to do is cut off the stem and carefully peel the leaves away. Give them a quick wash/dry they are ready to go.
The peanut butter in the sauce can easily be replaced with Almond Butter or even a tahini for a nut free version.
Just about any ground meat will work. Try Asian Lettuce wraps with ground turkey, pork or ground beef.
Keto Asian Lettuce wraps are so delicious, please give them a try. We really enjoy this sweet and savory dish with Asian ginger and sesame flavors. Leave me a comment if you tried this recipe, there is nothing better than hearing from our followers! I would love to hear if you served these up to your Non-Keto Friends, unless you tell them they will never know this is a Keto Dish!
Enjoy, The Scrambled Eggs
Keto Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken Can use Turkey, Pork or beef as well.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 3-5 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 head Living Butter Lettuce Or lettuce of choice for wrapping
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter Can Sub for Almond Butter or Tahini
- 1 tsp fresh ground chili paste (optional) This adds a slight bit of heat.
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Set Aside
- Prep your lettuce. If using living butter lettuce simply cut off the stem and carefully peel the leaves away. Wash and dry.
- Over medium-high heat brown your ground chicken in a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drain any excess liquid from the pan. Add minced garlic, green onion and diced Jicama and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Its ready to serve. Wrap up in fresh butter lettuce for the perfect bit. Garnish with additional green onions (optional)