Keto Chicken Yumm bowls are healthy and delicious, quick to throw together, and the secret Yumm-y sauce takes this “rice” bowl over the top!
A restaurant called Café Yumm is the inspiration behind this Keto Chicken Yumm Bowl recipe. Café Yumm first opened in Eugene, Oregon and now has locations throughout Oregon. You can even find Café Yumm in Washington and Idaho. The restaurant offers several variations of a yumm bowls and even better different variations of yumm sauces. While these bowls are traditionally made with rice, beans and a secret sauce that contains sugar, I knew I could modify this dish to make it low carb and keto friendly!
These bowls are customizable which makes them a family favorite. Any time the kids get to make their own creations it’s a hit! I usually line up the ingredients and let everyone create their own (think taco bar). But what makes these every day Keto Chicken Yumm bowls extra special is the secret sauce, and honestly the sauce is worth a post of its own! Bonus, leftovers can be used as a dipping sauce for fresh vegetables, a topping for grilled meats, or trust me here – spoon it over freshly steamed broccoli. Yumm Sauce lasts up to 10 days in the fridge.
Keto Chicken Yumm Bowl Sauce requires an immersion blender or Blender (I use this one) as this recipe calls for almonds to replace garbanzo beans used in the original sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients into a jar and blend until smooth. Place the sauce in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and its ready to serve.
Keto Chicken Yumm Bowls start with Cauliflower “rice”. I usually purchase the pre-riced cauliflower for this recipe. Prepare the rice per the package instructions and season well with salt and pepper. I generally cook 1 cup of cauliflower rice per person. Drizzle the cauliflower “rice” with your Yumm sauce and top with chicken. Any chicken will do – often we use leftover chicken for this recipe but diced up grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken work great for this dish.
Next are the toppings, traditionally including:
Black Olives (sliced)
Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Fresh Salsa and a dollop of sour cream!
Get creative – my daughter likes diced red bell pepper on hers!
Tips and Tricks…
Swap out the chicken for sliced steak or cooked shrimp for different variations.
Cauliflower rice cooked in a cast iron skillet with some salt, pepper and a tsp or two of lemon juice can really brighten the flavor and provide color to the cauliflower rice.
Yumm sauce can not be frozen for later use. It holds well in the fridge for up to 10 days and makes a great dip for fresh veggies.
You can purchase Traditional Yumm sauce in Café yumm restaurants and online. If not concerned about carb counts, the cauliflower rice can be replaced with traditional rice (Jasmine rice is a great choice) and black beans can add a hearty addition to the bowl!
Hope you enjoy this Yumm(y) bowl, leave me a comment! Tell me what toppings did you use! – Enjoy, The Scrambled Eggs
As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Keto Chicken Yumm Bowl
- Immersion blender or blender
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Low Sugar or Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Swerve Sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder more if you love garlic!
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp curry powder optional
- 1/4 -1/2 cup Slivered Almonds start with 1/4 cup for a thicker sauce add up to 1/2 cup. Almond flour will work in place of Slivered almonds.
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice per Person Cook per package instructions add salt and pepper
- Cooked Chicken Leftover, grilled or rotisserie work great!
- Diced Tomato
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Black Olives
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese We us Tillamook!
- Fresh Salsa
- Sour Cream
- Keto Chicken Yumm Bowl Sauce requires a blender as this recipe calls for almonds to replace garbanzo beans used in the original sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients into a jar (for immersion blender) or the blender bowl (for blender) and blend until smooth. Place the sauce in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and its ready to serve.
- Prepare the rice per the package instructions and season well with salt and pepper. I generally cook 1 cup of cauliflower rice per person.
- Dice Cooked Chicken – often we use leftover chicken for this recipe but diced up grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken work great for this dish.
- Slice, Dice and prepare your toppings!
- Create your perfect Yumm Bowl. Start with the Cauliflower Rice, Sauce and Chicken, then pile on your favorite toppings! – Enjoy!