Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers are strips of chicken, wrapped with bacon and threaded onto a skewer. This recipe is naturally low carb and keto approved. Use this recipe for appetizers or even a meal! These are fabulous baked in the oven, however my favorite way to prepare them is on the Grill. Brush on G Hughes BBQ sauce and it’s summer grilled food perfection.
No long story needed, this recipe is easy and its Bacon! Bacon speaks for itself. I’m going to get right to the point on how to make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers!
Making the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers…
Start off with Boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into strips or use chicken tenders. Season the chicken with some salt and pepper.
One at a time wrap the bacon snug around the chicken strip starting at one end and spiraling up until you reach the other end.
Next you begin threading the chicken onto the skewer. Almost as if you are sewing. Capture the ends of the bacon on the skewer so it stays in place during the cooking process.
Continue by repeating the above step until all of the chicken is “dressed up” in Bacon and threaded on the skewers!
Next step is grilling, on medium-high heat. When the bacon is cooked, brush on BBQ sauce. Turn down the heat and let it cook a few minutes longer.
They are done when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. I use an instant read digital thermometer like this!
Tips and Tricks…
Use thin sliced bacon. This allows for the bacon to fully cook and crisp up without overcooking and drying out your chicken.
Chicken Tenders sold at your grocery store make easy work of this, and you don’t even have to get out the cutting board!
When using wooden skewers, its always a good idea to soak them in water for 30 minutes. as a result, they won’t burn while cooking.
GH Huges BBQ sauce is my favorite for Low Carb/Keto. They have multiple flavors and you can find it here! I have a full blog post dedicated to this ready made BBQ Sauce!G. Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
Serve these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers with some campfire sauce (a blend of BBQ Sauce and Ranch Dressing, equal parts) Try my Mason Jar Ranch Recipe found here to make your campfire sauce!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers are easy to make, and everything is better with bacon, right? What are you waiting for? Get Cooking! Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers are sure to be a hit!
Enjoy! – The Scrambled Eggs!
As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Tenders or Breasts Cut into Strips
- 10 -12 Slices of Bacon enough for each Strip of Chicken
- 4 TBSP BBQ Sauce (Sugar Free for Low Carb/Keto) I use: G Hughes Smokehouse
- Start off with Boneless skinless Chicken breast and slice into strips or use chicken tenders.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- One at a time wrap the bacon snug around the chicken strip starting at one end and spiraling up until you reach the other end.
- Once the bacon is wrapped around the chicken begin threading the chicken onto the skewer. Almost like you are sewing. Capture the ends of the bacon on the skewer so it stays in place during the cooking process.
- Repeat the above step until all of your chicken is “dressed up” in Bacon and threaded onto the skewer!
- Grill, on medium-high heat. Once bacon is cooked to your liking, brush on some BBQ sauce turn down the heat and let it cook a few minutes longer. Your Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers are done when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
[…] this up with with my Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers for a perfect Picnic […]